Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy 2017 - Year End Round Up

Hi there. I hope you had a lovely holiday season and have enjoyed the first few days of the new year. I know I have. I don't make New Year's resolutions but I do think that this time of year is a good one to think about goals. One of my major goals is pay down debt and one of the ways that I can achieve this goal is to be more conscious of how I spend money. On that note here is how I spent the first three days of the New Year.

I spent a cold and rainy New Year's day in the most perfect way possible. I read a phenomenal book, which I borrowed from the library, drank lots of hot tea, hung out with the GH and puttered around the house, all in my warm and cozy pajamas. I have no idea what is in store for 2017 but at least I know that I started it off right, crying and laughing and crying some more over a fictional character. If you are interested in a book that makes you feel most of the feels I highly recommend A Man Called Ove. It is beautiful, poignant and funny.

On the second day of the new year I did what I usually do on Mondays and went to Target and Trader Joe's.  I mostly stuck to my lists, the exceptions being giant beans in tomato sauce and flowers at TJ's. At Target I remembered to use the two $12 gift cards that I received as a rebate from buying heartworm medicine for the dogs.  After finding years old gift cards in an old wallet I consolidated all of the gift cards and frequent buyer cards in the house. I made two online purchases with cards that were for stores that are no longer physically present in town. I spent $10 of my money on these purchases but consider it worthwhile as the gift cards were fully used, no 27 cent balance left like the Starbucks card I found.  The rest of the day was bonus hang out time with the GH since he had the day off too.

On the third day of the new year I went shopping. One of my favorite thrift stores, 1st Rate 2nd Hand, is having a 50% off sale on all clothing this week. In the spirit of thriftiness and to declutter some of my laundry room, I took three boxes of books, magazines and DVDs to Bookmans before I went to the thrift store. Two hours later and $30.75 poorer, I went back to Bookmans and retrieved $80 in credit. For my $30.75 I bought two dresses, three skirts, five pairs of pants, a cardigan and six tops. I will take pictures of the haul this weekend. And yes I know that buying clothing is not necessarily a frugal endeavor, especially with a closet as full as mine, but I enjoyed it immensely and won't do it again for a couple of months.And after all this is supposed to be a blog about clothes. On that note, onto three weeks of outfits.

December 13


Top: Elle - Thrift 2015  Skirt: No Label (I think it's handmade) - Thrift 2016

The Stuff

Earrings: Retail - 20??  Bracelets: Chicos - Retail  Watch: Mom

December 14

Top: Three Dots - Thrift 2016  Skirt: J Jill - Thrift 2015

The Stuff

Earrings: Etsy  Necklace: Maya Palace  Bracelet: Hand me down from J

December 16

Sweater: Talbots - Thrift 2015  Skirt: Isaac Mizrahi for Target - Gift 2015

The Stuff

Necklace, Earrings and Bracelets: Chicos

December 17

Sweater: Croft & Barrow - Thrift 2016  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (5th outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Etsy  Necklace and Bracelet: Chicos

December 20 - Different lighting = different colors
  
Sweater: Old Navy - Thrift 2015  Jeans: Levis - Last seen above

The Stuff

Earrings and Necklace: Gift from the GH

December 21
This is my "How do you ask?" face

Cardigan: Ann Taylor - Thrift 2014  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (3rd outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Chicos  Bracelet: Cost Plus   Necklace: Etsy

December 22

Sweater: NY & Co - Thrift 2016  Jeans: DKNY - Last seen here (2nd outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Retail - Online  Bracelet and Necklace: Mom

December 23
    
Top: Banana Republic - Retail 201?  Pants: Gloria Vanderbilt - Last seen here (6th outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Chicos  Necklace: Online  Bracelet: Gift

December 24 - A different location, as both BB and Mr DC were off, the GH kindly took the pictures

Cardigan: Forever 21 - Thrift 2014  Jeans: DKNY - Last seen above

The Stuff

Earrings and Necklace: Aunt Rosetta Bracelet: Mom

December 28

Sweater: Ann Taylor- Thrift 2015  Jeans: Levis - Last seen above

The Stuff

Earrings: Retail (?)  Necklace: From Susie  Bracelet: From Mom for Christmas

December 29 - With photobombing Leo
     
Sweater: Banana Republic - Retail 201?  Jeans: Levis - Last seen above

The Stuff

Earrings and Bracelet: Mom Necklace: Grandma Pin: Mom via Many Goats

December 30

Sweater: Planet Gold - Retail 201?  Jeans: Levis: Last seen above

The Stuff

Earrings: Mom Bracelets: Retail and Morocco

December 31

Sweater: Banana Republic - Gift from T  Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft - Thrift 2015

The Stuff

Earrings: Gift from GH  Necklace: Gift from Janet

Bonus New Year's Eve pic with fabulous hostess and blog photographer BB

Dress: Banana Republic - last seen here (2nd outfit)   Cardigan: Rampage - Retail 20??  Scarf: Mossimo - Thrift 2015

The Stuff- The pin was hidden under the scarf in this picture

Earrings: Retail 20??  Bracelets: Chicos  Pin: From Susie

As always thank you to blog photographers BB, Mr DC and the GH.

See you soon.








2 comments: