Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July!

Hi there, no rain yet. When I was growing up I lived by A Mountain, which is where Tucson's annual Independence Day fireworks display is held. My family and I would get up on our roof to watch the fireworks and then, if it was dry enough, my brother and I would stay there when the show was over to watch the mountain burn. It wasn't quite as dramatic as it sounds, the after fireworks blaze was always quickly contained and didn't spread far, but it was fun to watch. This year is definitely dry enough to set the mountain on fire.  The pressure cooker that is Tucson is still chugging along, however there is rain in the forecast!  Here's hoping it actually happens. I've got a couple of social activities planned for today in addition to regular errand running so I will keep it short.

Three frugal things I did last week.
1. I found a replacement for my ancient shower drain cover at a Dollar store and it fits perfectly.
2. I'm taking bottled Sangria that was left at my house a while ago to a 4th of July party this afternoon. No food waste and no spend!
3. I defrosted the last of the filet mignons that were gifted to us by my Grandpa to make for dinner tonight.

And now for last weeks outfits, I was sick on Tuesday so there are only four days worth.

June 28
  

Top: Alfani - Last seen here (3rd outfit)  Skirt: Provence - Last seen here (1st outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Mom  Necklace: Grandma T  Bracelet: Unicef

June 29

Top: Express - Last seen here (9th outfit)   Skirt: Uniti - Last seen here (1st outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Mom   Necklace: Gift from Dad & J  Bracelets: Gifts/Mom

June 30 - Tucked vs untucked, I think the skirt sits low enough on my waist to prefer the untucked version
  
Top: Merona - Last seen here (2nd outfit)  Skirt: BCBG - Last seen here (3rd outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Retail  Necklace: Online  Bracelet: Chicos

July 1

Top: Sonoma - Thrifted 2015(?)  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (9th outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Chicos   Bracelet: Mom  Necklace: Etsy

Just for fun here are Leo, Fiona and Kitty Boy wanting attention at the same time this morning



As always thank you to blog photographers BB, Mr DC and the GH.

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment