Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Happy 2018!

Hi there and a Happy New Year to you. I hope you had a lovely holiday season filled with food, friends and family. I surprised myself by going out on New Years Eve for the second year in a row. It was a small gathering hosted by a very dear friend and I am so glad I went. Thanks Tamara!

                                                                   New Years Eve

 I just read back over my first post from 2017 and I think that my goal for the year was a bit of a draw.  I wanted to pay down debt in 2017 which I did in some areas but not others.  I did continue to pay down one of two credit cards and a separate loan. I also put through the paperwork regarding my expected student loan forgiveness under the public service forgiveness program. It is due to this program that I do not pay more than the minimum amount due, which is not very small, on my student loans. In six more years I should qualify for loan forgiveness. Where I was not successful in paying down debt was with my second credit card. In fact the balance on this card went up in 2017. There are a variety of reasons why and the most unavoidable one, pet health care, I do not begrudge. I will continue to work on paying down my debt this year, but debt will not be my focus.

Instead I am borrowing an idea I have seen in blogland and choosing a word for the year. My word for 2018 is Listen. I would like to listen more attentively to my body, my friends and family, the people I interact with daily and really just the world in general. I know that one of the things that prevents me from listening as attentively as I should, especially to the GH, is my phone. So hopefully I can learn to put aside the digital devices for part of every day and truly listen.

And now, since this blog is primarily about clothes, here are the rest of December's outfits.

December 12

Sweater: Eight Eight Eight - Last seen here (6th outfit)  Pants: BCBG Max Azria - Last seen here (13th outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Mom  Bracelets: Chicos

December 13

Cardigan: Talbots - Last seen here (1st outfit)  Jeans: Chicos - Last seen here (7th outfit)

The Stuff

Necklace, earrings, bracelet, and ring: Rosetta

December 16

Sweater: Old Navy - Thrifted here in June  Jeans: DKNY Jeans - Last seen here (7th outfit) Scarf: Sacred Threads - Retail 201?

The Stuff

Earrings: Gift from the GH  Necklace: Etsy

December 19

Sweater: Moda International - Last seen here (1st outfit)  Pants: Gloria Vanderbilt - Last seen here (12th outfit)

The Stuff

Necklace: GH  Bracelet: Chicos Earrings: Mom

December 20

Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft - Last seen here (2nd outfit)  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (5th outfit)

The Stuff

Necklace: Gift  Earrings: Gift Bracelet: Mom

December 22

Sweater: Lands End - Last seen here (4th outfit)  Jeans: DKNY Jeans - Last seen above

The Stuff

Necklace: Susie hand me down  Earrings: Mom

December 23

Sweater: Coldwater Creek - Thrifted 201? (can't believe I haven't worn this on the blog but I can't find it)  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (13th outfit)

The Stuff

Pin: Mom  Earrings: Mom via Tubac

December 27

Sweater: Calvin Klein Jeans- Thrifted 201? (Also can't believe I haven't worn this on the blog earlier but, again, I can't find it)  Jeans: Chicos - Last seen above

The Stuff

Necklace: Gift  Earrings: Mom Bracelet: Gift

December 28

Sweater: Chicos - Last seen here (6th outfit) Jeans: DNKY Jeans - Last seen above

The Stuff

Necklace: Etsy  Bracelet and Earrings: Christmas gifts from the GH

December 29

Sweater: Banana Republic - Hand me down from T  Jeans: Levis - Last seen above

The Stuff

Necklace: Chicos  Earrings: Mom  Cuff: Christmas gift from Mom


A lovely coffee made on New Years Eve that I forgot about until I looked at my pictures. Thanks again Tamara!!

As always thank you to blog photographers BB, Mr DC and the GH.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment