Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Early Morning

Hi there. I have been spoiled by working five minutes away from my house.  I thought about that this morning as I got up close to an hour early in order to make it to my dentist appointment on time.  My dentist's office recently moved and they are now half an hour away from my house in good traffic. It's not the logically frugal thing to do, to drive 30 minutes in city traffic, when there are plenty of dental offices within a mile or so of my house. Why do I travel this far just for a routine cleaning? It's all about relationships and loyalty. When I first got dental insurance I chose a dentist that was only 10 minutes or so away from where I was working at the time. That was around 15 years ago. For the entire time I have been going to this dentist, shout out to Dr. David Rosenthal, DDS, I have had the same dental hygienist. She knows where my sensitive spots are without having to ask and always seems genuinely interested in how my life is going.  The receptionist is wonderful and the dentist himself always numbs me up with the first shot.  Thankfully I haven't been in the dentist's chair in years.  I was without dental insurance for a few years, and the office would let me slide on annual x-rays knowing that I was a cash only patient.  I am still without dental insurance because the plans offered by my employer are not accepted at my dentist's office. I am willing to do the non-frugal thing because I trust everyone at my dentist's office and I genuinely like them. I do believe that developing relationships with healthcare providers is important and, as with most things, cheapest is not always best.

Now for three frugal things I have done recently.
1. Our manual can opener has not been working well for a while. Instead of immediately buying a new one the GH tried tightening the screw holding it together and it works great now.
2. During annual open enrollment at work I verified that all of the discounts that I earned over the past year were applied correctly.
3. When I worked an unexpected closing shift I finagled a long lunch so that I could cook the chicken that had been in the fridge a few days rather than let it go to waste. Even the little frugal things add up over time.

Now onto the clothes.

May 9 - Yes the faces never end.



Top: DKNY Jeans- Last worn here (4th outfit) Cardigan: H&M - Retail 201?  Pants: Banana Republic - Last seen here (3rd outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Gift from the GH  Necklace: Online  Bracelet: Retail - Cost Plus

May 10

Top: Ann Taylor Loft - Hand me down from my MIL  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (5th outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Hand me down from Mom  Bracelet: Grandma T  Necklace: New Orleans

May 11

Dress: Calvin Klein - Last seen here (4th outfit)   Cardigan: Jeanne Pierre - Last seen here (1st outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Etsy  Necklace: Gift from Susie  Bracelets: Hand me down from Mom

May 12 - With semi-action shot
     
Top: Lilla P - Last seen here (4th outfit) Skirt: Chicos - Last seen here (4th outfit)  Cardigan: Dana Buchman - Last seen here (6th outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Gift from Mom  Necklace: Gift from the GH  Bracelets: Retail - Chicos

May 13

Top: Banana Republic - Last seen here (3rd outfit)  Cardigan: Chicos - Last seen here (4th outfit)  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (1st outfit)

A head shot I liked, plus the hat!


The Stuff

Earrings: Gift from BB  Necklace: Online  Bracelet: Mom

May 14 - I worked Mother's Day so the Moms at work didn't have to

Top: C - Hand me down from Susie  Jeans: Chicos - Last seen here (5th outfit)

Bonus action shot with Fiona


The Stuff

Earrings: Retail - Chicos  Necklace: Online  Bracelets: Mom

Thanks for reading and see you soon!

As always thank you to blog photographers BB, Mr DC and the GH.

No comments:

Post a Comment