Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Life Could Be a Dream

Hi there. So obviously I failed in the weekly blogging thing so here is a two week catch up.

Do you wake up with random songs in your head?  I did this morning, hence the title of the post. And I know the song, not for itself, but for being in the soundtrack of Clue. It is one of my absolutely favorite movies. If you've never seen it you should. Madeline Kahn, Tim Curry, Eileen Brennan, Martin Mull and Martin McKean doing over the top comedy in the best way possible.

And since this blog is ostensibly about being frugal as well as clothes I thought I'd try to think of three things I've done to save money each time I write a post. So here goes.

1. I called my internet provider on Monday, because my year long bundle package had expired, to ask what they could do for me to keep my costs down.  After being passed to a loyalty agent I was offered a new year long bundle discount that keeps my costs the same and may even save me a few more dollars each month. It's never fun to spend time on hold with awful wait music and a recording reminding me that I could be chatting with customer service online, but in the long run 30 minutes of patience can be rewarded with a year of savings.

2. I remembered to use one of the $25 gas cards my Mom gave me to fill up my car and I gave one to the GH to use for his. Gift cards are great, but only if you use them.

3. I paid my federal and state taxes, yes I owed both money, online directly through my checking account, which avoided both the processing fee of using a credit card and the interest that would have accrued if I took longer to pay down the card. I also changed my federal withholding to hopefully avoid owing anything in the first place next year.

And now onto the clothes.

April 25 - We got new puppets in at work, I am holding the capybara which is as yet unnamed.

Top: Saks 5th Ave - Last seen here (9th outfit)  Skirt: Hillard and Hanson - Last seen here (5th outfit)

     
The blue is holding up amazingly well, and a closer shot of the capybara.

The Stuff

Earrings and Necklace: Gift from Mom  Bracelets: Chicos

April 26 - A full repeat, from August 2016, but with mostly different stuff

Dress: Jonathan Martin Studio- Last seen here (8th outfit) Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft - Last seen here (8th outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Gift    Necklace: Retail, don't remember when maybe 199?   Bracelet: Chicos

April 27- Another full repeat from August 2016, with different stuff

Top: Peck & Peck - Last seen here (2nd outfit)  Skirt: Apt 9 - Last seen here (2nd outfit)

The Stuff

Necklace and Earrings: Grandma T   Bracelet: Susie

April 28

Top: J Jill - Thrifted 2015  Skirt: Banana Republic - Last seen here (8th outfit)

The Stuff

Everything is a hand me down from Mom

April 29

Top: Talbots - Lat seen here (8th outfit)  Jeans: Chicos - Last seen here (2nd outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Unicef   Bracelet: Mom

May 2- Another outfit repeat, this from July 2016, different stuff

Top: Ralph Lauren - Last seen here (2nd outfit)   Skirt: Jones New York - Last seen here (1st outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Aunt Rosetta   Bracelet: Mom

May 3 - Yes that is a tiara on my head. It's the emergency tiara, courtesy of Debbi,  for when you just need a little extra sparkle in your day.
    
Top: Banana Republic - Last seen here (12th outfit)   Skirt: Vesti - Last seen here (3rd outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings and Bracelets: Chicos  Necklace: Gift

May 4

Top: Ann Taylor - Purchased here in January  Skirt: Banana Republic - Last seen here (4th outfit)

We had Star Wars Day at work, May the Fourth Be With You.
 
I don't own enough white for a true Leia look, but the mini buns go the point accross.

The Stuff

Earrings: Chicos  Necklace: Etsy  Bracelets: Retail 199?

May 5

Dress: INC - Last seen here (7th outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Retail  Necklace: Online  Bracelets: Mom

May 6

Top: Banana Republic - Hand me down from T  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (1st outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Gift from Mom  Bracelet: Mom Necklace: Etsy

I forgot to add in my last post that I had a run of luck at the Community Food Bank Auction my library system runs each year. I won two of the baskets that were raffled off.


This is most of what was in the Go Green basket


This is most of what was in the Women's Power and Pampering basket

I've been going to the auction for four years and this is the first time I've won any of the raffles, it was pretty cool.

And here is a parting photo of the cat my Mom feeds. He/she is a stray but hangs in my mom's yard pretty much every day.

The fuzz is from a mesquite tree.

Here is a link to the song from the post title:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9G0-4TWwew

See you soon!

As always thank you to blog photographers BB, Mr DC and the GH.



No comments:

Post a Comment