Sunday, February 18, 2018

Catch Up, Part 1: I Survived Las Vegas

Hi there. It's been a while. I'm going to do a couple of catch up posts rather than try to fit a months worth of stuff into just one.

First up the outfits I wore in the second half of January.

January 17
  

Cardigan: August Silk - Last seen here (4th outfit) Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (1st outfit)

The Stuff

Necklace: Gift Earrings: Gift  Bracelet: Chicos

January 18

Sweater: Banana Republic - Last seen here (7th outfit) Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (3rd outfit)

The Stuff

Necklace: Online  Earrings: Mom  Bracelet: Chicos

January 19 - Full outfit repeat

Top: Elle - Last seen here (1st outfit)  Skirt: No Label - Last seen here (1st outfit)

The Stuff

Earrings: Unicef  Bracelet: Mom

January 23
  

Sweater: Planet Gold - Last seen here (12th outfit)  Jeans: Levis - Last seen above

The Stuff

Earrings: Gift from T  Bracelet: Grandma T

January 24

Cardigan: Old Navy - Last seen here (10th outfit)  Jeans: Levis - Last seen here (7th outfit)

The Stuff

Necklace: Etsy  Earrings: GH  Bracelet: Mom

January 25

Top: Ann Taylor - Last seen here (6th outfit)  Skirt: Ann Taylor - Bought here in NOLA

The Stuff

Earrings: Mom  Bracelet: Chicos

January 26

Sweater: Charter Club - Last seen here (1st outfit)  Jeans: Chicos - Last seen here (2nd outfit)

The Stuff

Necklace: Mom Pendant:Gift  Earrings: Chicos  Bracelet: Gift

January 27

Top: Banana Republic - Thrifted here last June  Jeans: Levis - Last seen above

The Stuff

Necklace: Susie  Earrings and Bracelets: Mom

And Now about Las Vegas. I drove to Phoenix with Mom the night we said goodbye to Fiona. Wednesday we drove to Vegas, checked into the Monte Carlo and proceeded to get ready to see Cher.


The extra bright lights on the sides of the mirror were a bit much.  The silver shoes I'm wearing here are now in my donation pile. While three inch heels can rarely, if ever, be described as comfortable these flat out hurt. The dress is by BCBG Girls and I've owned it for probably close to ten years.

The show was great!  At 71 years old Cher is still an amazing performer. She danced, sang live, and changed costumes at least a dozen times. After the show Mom and I went over to the Planet Hollywood to check into our room there and had a late dinner of appetizers at the bar in PF Chang's.

On Thursday ate a late lunch at Primrose in the Monte Carlo before heading to the Jo Malone counter at Nordstrom. Mom managed to snag us both a bagful of samples while she ordered a new scent. By that time the rest of the Birthday crew were in town.  Mom dropped me at the Bellagio to get ready for dinner with the Birthday Girl and company.

 
                                                      Tamara, Julia, Tricia and me

We went to Rao's at Ceasers for dinner and it was wonderful. After antipasti, meatballs, birthday cake and an amazing cocktail it was time to think about where to go for the Birthday Girl's first night out as a 21 year old. We ended up going to Tao at the Venetian.


I'm wearing a 2 piece dress by BCBG Max Azria that Tamara let me borrow. The skirt on Julia was handmade by her exceedingly talented Uncle Justun.

I hadn't been out to a club in Vegas in a few years and I think it's safe to say that not much has changed. The music is loud, the drinks are overpriced and the dance floor is too small.

                                                                 Late night club selfie.

The next afternoon we met for Tea at the Mandarin Oriental.




                                                                Scones and sandwiches

                                                                         Desserts

It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

On Friday evening we saw Zumanity at New York New York. I was lucky enough to be given an extra ticket by Justun.  It was a phenomenal show.

                                  Tamara's dress was also made by Justun. Isn't it beautiful.

                                                                 Selfie in the theater.

After the show a couple of us ate at Greenberg's Deli at  New York New York. They make a great brisket sandwich. After depositing leftover food, Julia and Tricia in their hotel room Fil and I went to find Tamara and Justun. By this point my feet were pretty much done with Las Vegas.  Wearing heels for three nights in a row had caught up to me and the balls of my feet were starting to blister. I borrowed a pair of Tamara's flats before tracking her down. We had a drink somewhere in the Bellagio and then we went to Hyde.

     
The bar did not have the best lighting.

After Hyde, I went back to Tamara's room to get my leftover food and my heels and I headed across the street to Planet Hollywood. Once I got there I made a rookie Vegas mistake and put the bag with all my stuff in it under the machine I sat at and promptly forgot about it.  I was in the hotel room washing my face when I remembered and of course by the time I went to look for it it was gone.  I lost the tea leftovers, the brisket, a pair of burgundy velvet heels and one of my favorite scarves. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. All in all it was a great trip.

I'll be back with outfits and bits of randomness from the first couple of weeks in February.

See you soon.

As always thank you blog photographer BB. A few of the Vegas pictures I used came from other people's Facebook posts so I'm not sure who actually took those pictures. Whoever it was, thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment